Friday 9 March 2018

Rabble Rouser

Walking around aimlessly on a Saturday afternoon in downtown Toronto, I often find myself drawn, like a moth to a flame, to Bar Hop. On my most recent visit, I opted to sample a 15oz pour of Rabble Rouser, a 6.8% IPA from Ottawa’s Tooth and Nail Brewing Company.

My glass of draught showed up clear, brassy, and covered with a loose cream head. The beer had a fruity scent, with just a scintilla something metallic. The flavour tends toward juicy fruit notes, particularly peach. In the shadows around the back end, sticky hops lurk.

While Rabble Rouser wasn’t quite as bitterly bombastic as I wanted it to be, it did have a charming flavour and very close to the perfect strength for an IPA. Based on the strength of this brew, the next time I’m in Ottawa, I’ll definitely be checking out Tooth and Nail.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment