Sunday 1 October 2017

The Inner Eye Pale Ale

During a recent visit to Toronto's Blood Brothers Brewing, I left the source with a 500mL bottle of The Inner Eye Pale Ale, a 5.5% job with a beautiful label. The beer inside proved to be a handsome and hazy auburn colour. It poured with a fluffy and thick off-white head and featured aroma that was at times grainy and at others tart and bitter. Inner Eye had a pretty robust flavour; one with some faintly sour fruit notes, but also a smattering of yeasty, Belgian-inspired bitterness.

I took to The Inner Eye right away, though it didn't wow me quite as much as BB's flagship IPA. It finished with a swell bitterness that left my arm aching for another sip, which I take as a pretty positive sign. Blood Brothers, with its focus on hoppy apes, is quickly becoming of my favourite Toronto beer-makers, and The Inner Eye did nothing to dampen that opinion.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment