Tuesday 31 October 2017

Northern Maverick White IPA

Happy Halloween from the Stout Man!

Northern Maverick Brewing Co.'s White IPA is a 6% alcohol brew that blends witbier and India pale ale styles. My 500mL bottle contained a slightly hazy golden beer and poured with fluffy white suds.

Its nose was fruity, yeasty, and a little bit metallic. The flavour was considerably more bitter than I expected, with a range of taste notes spanning dank hops, citrus, a bit of floral perfume, and some tinniness.

This beer definitely held my interest from first sip to last, but I'm not sure that I loved it. To me, there were metallic elements that seemed to intrude on both the nose and flavour of the beer. On the plus side, there was enjoyable dryness to the finish, a nice crisp body,

Rating: 7.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment