Monday 23 October 2017

Northern Maverick Brewing Co.

It's a fact that when I moved into my current neighbourhood in Toronto in the summer of 2010, there were no easily walkable breweries. Zero. Zilch. Then, in 2011, I started this blog. As of September 2017, there are three walkable breweries, with a fourth slated to open later this year. Now, I'm not saying I'm solely responsible for this influx of craft beer to a once-overlooked, too hip for beer neighbourhood, but my blog and I have clearly been wildly influential. Right?

The latest opening is Northern Maverick Brewing Co. Located in a lovely and open space on Bathurst Street with a patio and a full kitchen, NMBC seems like a place I'll be getting intimately familiar with over the next few months. Today, though, I just breezed on over to take a look at the bottle shop.

I was instantly greeted by two friendly and enthusiastic dudes who were eager to help. Playing dumb, I let them give me the rundown on the five beers that were on offer, they shared their wisdom. and I came home with four: a hefe, a white IPA, a gose, and a dry-hopped sour, all sold in 500mL bottles branded with a polar bear in aviator shades.

Stay tuned this week for my thoughts on the bulk of NMBC's initial offerings.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stout Man!

    Thanks for stopping by! Just a heads up we actually have a Stout in bottles currently in the Beer Shop and by the end of the week we should have an American Brown Ale, if you're looking to add your line up ;)

    Can't wait to read your reviews.

    Cheers,

    Marissa B
    Retail & Community Manager
    Northern Maverick Brewing Co

    ReplyDelete