Tuesday 19 September 2017

Zodiak

Happiest of birthdays to my dear ol' da! Cheers to you, Pops!


With its 473mL can adorned with neon green and alien symbols and its tiny letters above the barcode that declaim "Space is the Place", Omnipollo's Zodiak fairly screams intrigue. The 6.2% IPA comes from Stockholm/Toronto. It's a cloudy brew with a bright gold tint and a layer of sudsy white head.

To my inexpert but well-practiced nose, there seems to be a resinous, evergreen whiff. Given the scent, the flavour is somewhat surprising, in that it leads off with a slightly fruity zest before veering toward a floral/forest vibe. The mouthfeel is lovely, suggesting a full-bodied and well-made ale. The finish, while fine, cost this beer a bit, owing to the fact that it isn't as dry and crisp as I wanted it to be.

I've been absolutely wowed by Omnipollo before, so I had high hopes for this stuff. It didn't blow me away, but it was still a very nice, mindfully crafted brew with a lot going for it.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment