Thursday 24 August 2017

Smith & Lentz Mosaic IPA

During a stop at East Nashville's Smith & Lentz Brewing Company, I found myself hankering for something bitter, and the bartender pointed me toward the S&L Mosaic IPA, a 6.5% alcohol India Pale described as "dank, juicy, floral" on the taproom blackboard.

My pint arrived looking golden and beautiful. It was clear and poured with a thin halo of off-white suds. The nose of this ol' brew was potent; rich in fruity notes and a resinous waft. "Dank" was the word of the day for the flavour of this IPA, with bitter and resin-heavy notes dominating the palate, buttressed by some sweet, tropical fruit notes.

Mosaic IPA by Smith & Lentz had a lot of the things I most want in an IPA, with sticky bitterness and moist fruit notes. I'd have liked the finish to be a bit more dry, the percentage to crest the 7% threshold, and the head would have been a bit more durable, but still, the beer was succulent and I liked it quite a bit.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment