Saturday 28 January 2017

People's Porter

People's Porter is a revolutionary ale (at least based on its label) from Winston-Salem, North Carolina. It's brewed by Foothills Brewing and comes in 12oz bottles. It packs a respectable 5.8% alcohol and 42 IBUs, while pouring blood-black, with an eggshell head that could have lasted a bit longer.

It has a hearty malt and grain aroma with enough mocha to leave me salivating. The flavour is big on roasted malts and is a bit earthy, but also has a decent hops kick evident in the finish. Notes of chocolate and coffee are present, but understated.

This beer has been provided to me by more than one North Carolina friend on more than one occasion, but it hasn't run my critical gauntlet until today. I'd say it fared quite well. It's not elite, but it'd be the kind of Porter that'd adorn my fridge regularly, should I find myself living in The Old North State. Mellow and well crafted.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment