Tuesday 29 November 2016

Henderson's Best


During my first visit to Toronto's Henderson Brewing Co., I had to sample their flagship ale, Henderson's Best, an ESB. My pint of this amber ale arrived looking lovely and clear, with decent carbonation and a healthy cream head. At 5.5%, this beer had enough heft to soothe this savage beast.



It had a sweet, malty nose that was rich in caramel. The flavour, too, was malty with a caramel focus, but it also had a slightly coppery vibe. Not a lot on the hops side of things, though, with just enough bitterness to keep things balanced.

Henderson's Best is a good take on the Extra Special Bitter style. A nice English-style ale with decent strength and a pretty look, I found myself pretty pleased with my order.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment