Sunday 21 August 2016

New Limburg Belgian Blonde


I was recently in Norfolk County, Ontario for a buddy's wedding. First thing I did on arrival was to look up craft breweries, and I found a few. The first I hit up was New Limburg Brewing Company, located in Nixon, Ontario. I picked up 500mL bottles of their six regular brews, including their Belgian Blonde, a Belgian-style blonde ale.

At 7.3%, BB packs a hearty punch. It's a very cloudy golden brew and it pours with a cloudy white head. It has  a potent yeasty nose backed with something a bit spicy. The flavour, too, is quite yeast-driven. As well, there are a few banana notes, and some boozy heft. The finish is quite dry.

Pretty solid offering from a neat little brewery, Belgian Blonde was well worth picking up. Flavourful and strong, but the back end could have used a bit more oomph.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment