Saturday 25 June 2016

Work Horse IPA

During a recent visit to Fredericton to deal with a family issue, I seized the opportunity to try some of New Brunswick's newest sudsy offerings. Among these, the first that caught my eye was Maybee's Work Horse IPA, which I sampled at the King Street Alehouse, courtesy of my mum and dad--the Stout Folks. I had a 473mL can of the stuff, which is brewed by the newly-opened Maybee Brewing Company. At 7% alcohol, Work Horse was pleasantly potent. Hazy and brassy, my beer looked alright with a thin off-white head.



The nose was muted but inviting, with fresh citrus notes. An American-style IPA, there was heaps of grapefruit hops on a subtle caramel malt base. 

This beer wasn't unusual or unique, but it was decidedly well made and extremely tasty. Maybee's Work Horse definitely got the job done.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment