Saturday 2 January 2016

#46 Parkdale Bomber

In the mood for something local and different, I jumped into a rad little place call Lipstick & Dynamite and ordered myself a pint of #46 Parkdale Bomber on tap. The Bomber is a clear and sprightly golden lager made by Toronto's Duggan's Brewery. My pint arrived looking fizzy and topped with a cloudy white head. Strong for a lager, the Bomber blasts livers at 7% alcohol.


Malty and fruity, the Bomber has notes of melon on the nose, as well some classic grain. It's almost crisp, but too strong to really fit that adjective. The flavour is sweet, grassy, and a touch fruity, again with melon leanings.

I quite enjoyed this stuff. I found it bouncy, bubbly and quite pleasant. It could have been a bit fuller-bodied, but it ended up being a virile lager with a lot in its favour.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment