Tuesday 29 December 2015

Blind Man's Holiday Greensboro Pale Ale

Blind Man's Holiday Greensboro Pale Ale contains a hearty 6% alcohol and hits 42 on the IBU scale. It comes, unsurprisingly, from Greensboro, NC, where it's brewed up nice by Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company, a husband and wife operation that was closed while I was in town. Since the brewery is closed on Mondays, I had to get my taste of Blind Man's Holiday as a downtown bookseller called Scuppernong Books. Beer at a bookstore? How positively delightful.

I got me a pint of the stuff on draught. It turned up cloudy orange and nestled under a layer of off-white foam. It had a mild nose composed of tangy citrus and hops elements. I found the flavour to be a bit on the tart side, with lemon and grapefruit on the foreground and a slightly yeasty finish.

Blind Man's Holiday served me fairly well. It was easily drinkable and quite flavourful. However, as my pal K.C. pointed out, "it's nothing to write home about." But, since writing home about beer is basically how I travel, I felt compelled. This beer was all kinds of fine, but not much more. Still, it was well and deliberately made, with an almost Belgian-style finish, and made me curious about other Gibb's offerings.

Rating: 6.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment