Saturday 29 August 2015

Octopus Wants To Fight

Octopus Wants To Fight is another in a long line of IPAs born of Toronto, Ontario's Great Lakes Brewery. This one clocks in at 6.2% and, according to the inimitable list at Bar Hop, it is classed as a North American IPA.

My pint arrived topped with a sudsy foam of off-white head. Underneath was a nearly clear golden nectar. The aroma of this little gem was potently tropical, screaming with juicy papaya, peach, and mango. Its flavour maintained the Calypso feeling, with island fruit notes from start to finish. Not as gritty or bitter as some of my favourite IPAs from GLB, there was still enough hops blast to hold my attention as my pint speedily vanished before my eyes.

Octopus wants to fight had a lot of the same attributes as Thrust! An IPA, though with more emphasis on fruity and less on hoppy. Not as remarkable as that well bred cousin, Octo still managed to deliver an enjoyable drinking experience.
 
I had a lovely photo of this brew on my phone and ready to go, but then my phone committed suicide, so you'll have to imagine it.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment