Thursday 13 August 2015

Les Trois Mousquetaires Gose

Gose is a style of beer that I'm quick to buy when I see it, but often hesitant to actually drink. I had a bottle of Les Trois Mousquetaires Gose in my fridge for months before I got around to uncapping the snazzy 375mL bottle and sampling the cloudy orange liquid within. Brewed in Brossard, Quebec by Les Trois Mousquetaires Microbrasseurs, the gose contained just 3.8% alcohol and 9 IBUs. It's a part of LTM's "Hors Series". It poured with only a slight covering of off white head.


Aromatically, the most obvious note is oceanic brine. There are also tart elements. Flavour-wise, salty and sour continue to be the dominant factors. According to the label, coriander is used in the brewing process, though I was unable to catch much spice flavour. Unsurprisingly, given the low percentage, LTM Gose has a thin mouthfeel, which wasn't entirely to my liking.

All told, LTM Gose was a fine sour ale, but not one that I'd be eager to fill my fridge with. Gose isn't my favourite style anyway, but a light ale in gose clothing won't bring me back to the well frequently. Still, I'm glad to have tried it.

Rating: 6.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment