Monday 2 February 2015

Mad Anthony APA

Mad Anthony APA comes from Erie, Pennsylvania, where it's crafted by the Erie Brewing Company. I enjoyed a 355mL bottle during a trip south of the border. This stuff contains 5.5% alcohol. It's a slightly hazy golden ale, well carbonated, and covered with a thin layer of off-white head.


Angry Tony has a somewhat malty aroma, with notes of raisin layered atop a raunchy hop base. It moves in a malt to bitter direction, with pretty nice balance. On the hop side of the equation (the "dehoperator", if you will) there is a slightly toasted quality that I liked. It's toasty and dry through the finish.

This beer lacked the citrus hop charge that I was hoping for from an American pale ale. Still, I enjoyed the stuff well enough. I found it hoppy, flavourful, and decently strong.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment