Wednesday 3 December 2014

Winnikeg, Manitobeer--Little Scrapper I.P.A.

Little Scrapper, an adorably named India Pale Ale, comes from Winnipeg, Manitoba's Half Pints Brewing Co. Sold in 341mL bottles, Lil' Scrap contains 6% alcohol and clocks in at 50 IBUs.

This is a murky orange-gold brew that features a quickly deflating eggshell head. It has fairly bitter and boozy aromatics with an undercurrent of caramel. I found this beer to have a bit of a muddled flavour. It's hop-driven, but not quite citrus and not quite spicy. Spitrus?

A decent IPA, but not a remarkable one by any stretch. I wish that it was hopped consistently and vigourously in one direction. Also a bit more of a malt spine might be nice. I found Little Scrapper to be a tricky beer to review, because I wasn't wild about many of the constituent elements, but the overall product was not at all disagreeable. I haven't had the pleasure, but I strongly suspect that this beer would be quite enjoyable fresh on tap.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment