Monday 1 December 2014

Winnikeg, Manitobeer--Farmery Premium Lager

Farmery Premium Lager is born of the Farmery Estate Brewery out of Winnipeg, Manitoba. I had a 355mL bottle of this 5% alcohol lager. It was a hazy, amply carbonated golden lager that poured with a very thin disc of white head that vanished quickly.


F.P.L. had a nice pale lager aroma--grainy, with a breath of dry hops. It was decently flavourful and quite well balanced between initial malt and late bitterness. The label calls this a "Prairie-style" lager, which I think is kinda cool.


For a craft lager, I'd have liked a bit more of an assertive flavour and a slightly crisper mouthfeel, but I really enjoyed the balance. Also, I'd really like to have seen a bit more in terms of head. I learned from the Farmery website that they successfully pitched their estate brewery idea on CBC's Dragons' Den. Pretty cool.


Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment