Saturday 29 November 2014

Winnikeg, Manitobeer--Stir Stick Stout


Stir Stick Stout hails from Winnipeg, Manitoba. It's my first foray into the offerings of the Half Pints Brewing Co., a brewery that I've heard many nice things about. According to the 650mL bottle, this stuff is a strong stout, though at 5.6% alcohol, I feel like this isn't a particularly apt description. This is a coffee-infused stout, though unfortunately, there is no information given about the coffee used. Who brewed it? Is it local? Organic? Fair trade? I don't know. Give me the details! I feel like this is a bit of a missed opportunity.

This deep, dark ale pours with a cumulus of tawny head that just won't quit. It's a very fragrant brew, with a blend of blend of bitterness and malt aromatics, alongside a pleasant java subtext. This stout tastes pretty bitter, with espresso and molasses notes that jive with a moderate malt foundation.


This is a rich and flavourful beer. There are nice coffee and chocolate leanings, and a hearty bitter quality. I found it to be an enjoyable after dinner beer and one that'd go very nicely with a chocolaty dessert or a cheese plate.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment