Friday 7 November 2014

Ghost River Golden Ale

From Memphis, Tennessee's Ghost River Brewing, Ghost River Golden Ale is a crystal clear, considerably carbonated, sunny gold beer that pours with a thick cloud of white head. It's sold in 12oz. bottles and the alcohol percentage isn't listed, nor is it listed on the website. However, I was able to glean that it has a mild 19 IBUs of bitterness.


There is a rich toasty grain aroma that I found very inviting. Flavour is grainy on the front end that I found to be a little wispy. However, a solid toasty and slightly bitter finish makes up fo the watery initial taste. Overall, there is a disappointing thin mouthfeel that increased drinkability, but lessened my enjoyment.

I'd have liked a bit more oomph, particularly on the front end. Still, I enjoyed this stuff pretty well. It was a gift from my partner's very thoughtful boss.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment