Wednesday 26 March 2014

Cat Lady IPA


Today is my lovely wife's 30th birthday. Since she's a cat enthusiast, bordering on obsessive, I figured that Cat Lady IPA would be an appropriate choice.

Cat Lady IPA comes from Toronto, Ontario's Bellwoods Brewery and contains 7.3% alcohol. I enjoyed a 500mL bottle of this slightly hazy, happy golden brew. It pours with a shock off white head. According to the sticker on the bottle, this stuff was brewed on November 5, 2013. I drank it on November 10th.  Extremely fresh beer is just one of the many reasons that I love having a quality brewery in the neighbourhood.


The aroma is sweetish, with a slightly tart citrus vibe. The flavour has considerable grapefruit bite, as well as a dab of satsuma. The finish is fairly bitter, but reasonably approachable for an India pale ale. Similarly, it's very mellow for a craft-brewed I.P.A. though it remains amply flavourful. The booze it quite well hidden except for a dose of warmth at the close.

This is yet another strong offering from one of the bright lights of the Ontario brewing scene. My only complaint is that there isn't much going on in the front end.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment