Tuesday 2 April 2013

Creemore Springs Traditional Pilsner

Creemore Springs Brewery in Creemore, Ontario is the source of the Creemore Springs Traditional Pilsner. It comes in 473mL cans and contains a respectable 5.3% alcohol. It's a rich, deep golden lager. It has carbonation to spare and a thick almost-white head. C.S.T.P. has a pungent grassy aroma with a smidgeon of hops lurking in the shadows. It's a very flavourful pilsner that moves from bready to bitter. It's malty without being over sweet, and builds to a reasonably bitter hop finish.

C.S.T.P. is a very enjoyable take on a European pilsner, the kind of stuff that I'd gladly bring to a party. Plus, as always, a pale lager that notches over 5% alcohol gets a bit of extra love from me, particularly when it doesn't negatively impact the flavour or drinkability.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. I love this stuff! I have one in my fridge that I may have to drink tonight... Still miss constantly available Picaroons, though.

    ReplyDelete