Thursday 24 January 2013

Georgian Bay Dipper

Georgian Bay Dipper is "[b]rewed for Midland Valley Beer Works by the Hockley Valley Brewing Co. in Orangeville, Ontario. It comes in 473mL cans featuring packaging that is unattractive in an adorable way. It clocks in at a standard 5% alcohol. It's a clear, golden-coloured brew crowned with a bubbly white head.

I was expecting a pale lager, but I'm pretty sure that this stuff was a light-bodied ale (though I might be mistaken). It features a toast malt aroma--if it's a lager, it's something akin to a Vienna.  It's quite full-flavoured with toasty notes and some honey sweetness.

All told, this stuff was a nice surprise--I was expecting another bland pale lager, and got a beer with some decent character. It was just a touch to sweet for my taste, but other than that, it was good stuff.


Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment