Wednesday 30 January 2013

Banana Bread Beer

Banana Bread Beer is produced by Wells & Young's Brewing, in Bedford, U.K.  It checks in at 5.2% alcohol and comes housed in a 500mL emblazoned with a great logo featuring a pint glass nestled in a banana peel.
BBB pours a clear copper colour with considerable carbonation and topped with a near-white head. The aroma is bursting with banana notes--something akin to dried banana chips.  There are also some malt and hops notes to keep it honest.  The flavour is banana-y, but there are also caramel notes at the front end and a mild English ale bitterness to close it out.
The label indicates that the beer is brewed with fair trade bananas, which I think is pretty ballin'. This beer sat in my fridge for ages after I bought it, because I hate artificial banana flavour. Fortunately, this stuff doesn't taste artificial at all. I thought that it was a quality flavoured ale--the banana bread flavour is undeniable, but that isn't all there is to it. I'd recommend giving it a try if you're in the mood for something a bit different.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment