Monday 13 February 2012

Rogue Dead Guy Ale

 Dead Guy Ale comes from Newport, Oregon's Oregon Brewing Co.  It's a nice strong ale that I first enjoyed while working in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  When I moved to Ontario, I was pleased to discover that they have in at some LCBOs.

Rogue Dead Guy Ale weighs in at 6.6% alcohol.  It is sold in 355mL bottles that have an excellently cool label.  This pale ale pours a slightly cloudy brownish orange colour.  It's topped by a persistent cream head.  It has a sweet, fruity aroma with a slight caramel vibe.  It has quite a complicated flavour, encompassing malty sweetness, buttery caramel, and an alcoholic punch.  The aftertaste is a nice balance between maltiness and mild hop bitterness.
This isn't the kind of brew that I'd reach for everyday.  It's a touch too sweet to be a regular player in my fridge.  Still, its a quality ale that really hits the spot when I'm in the mood for a big, malty brew.  Definitely worth a taste.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment